Professor of Medicine, Epidemiology, and Public Health
Yale University School of Medicine
New Haven, Connecticut
- Adherence to antiretroviral therapy
- HIV care in marginalized populations
- HIV prevention in clinical care settings
- Interactions between antiretroviral therapies and methadone
- HIV and injection drug use
- Antiretroviral therapy in the developing world
Dr Friedland is Director of the Yale AIDS care program, Yale-New Haven Hospital, and Professor of Medicine, Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale School of Medicine. He is involved in clinical care, teaching, and clinical research in HIV therapy and prevention.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Advisory Council Office of AIDS Research Advisory Council Steering Committee and Scientific Program Committee, Community Program for Clinical Research on AIDS (CPCRA)
- New Haven Mayor's Task Force on AIDS
- Connecticut AIDS Leadership Award
- New York State AIDS Leadership Award
- Pacesetter Award, National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Award for Excellence, AIDS Project New Haven
- Columbia College, BA, History and Sociology (1959)
- New York University School of Medicine, MD (1964)
- Bellevue Hospital, New York City, Internship and Residency (1965, 1967–1968)
- Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, Fellow in Infectious Diseases (1968–1970)
- Wainberg MA, Friedland GH. Public health implications of antiretroviral therapy and drug resistance. JAMA. 1998;279:1997-1983.
- McCancey-Katz EF, Rainey P, Tatlow P, Friedland GH. Methadone effects on zidovadine disposition, JAIDS. 1998;18:435-443.
- Altice FL, Friedland GH. The era of adherence to antiretroviral therapy. Ann Intern Med. 1998;129:503-505.
- Lin PF, Gonzalez CG, Griffin B, Friedland GH, et al. Stavudine resistance. Antiretroviral Therapy. 1999;4:21-28.
- Friedland GH, Pollard R, Griffith B, et al. The efficacy and safety of delavirdine mesylate in combination with zidovudine and didanosine. (ACTG261). JAIDS. 1999;21:281-292.
- Friedland GH, Williams AB. The future: attaining higher goals in HIV treatment: the central importance of adherence. AIDS. 1999;13 (suppl):561-572.
- Altice FL, Friedland GH, Loobey E. Nevirapine induced opiate withdrawal among injection drug users with HIV receiving methadone. AIDS. 1999;13:957-962.
- Rainey P, Friedland GH, McCancey EF, et al. Interaction of methadone with didanosine (ddI) and stavudine (d4T). JAIDS. 2000;24:241-248.
- Friedland GH. Breaking the silence. AIDS Clinical Care. 2000;12:69-71.
- Friedland GH. Issues in HIV therapy in "triple diagnosed" patients. Top HIV Med. 2000;8:14-18.