Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital
Hospital Infantil de Mexico, Federico Gomez
Mexico City, Mexico
- Travel and tropical medicine issues for people with HIV/AIDS and other immunocompromised populations
- Chagas disease and HIV/AIDS
- Leishmaniasis and HIV/AIDS
- Persistent tropical diseases
- Schistosomiasis and HIV/AIDS
- Malaria and HIV/AIDS
- Other tropical infection (Human T-cell Lymphotropic Virus-1 and HIV/AIDS)
Dr Franco-Paredes' current research focuses on vaccine-preventable diseases, travel-related vaccines, social determinants of infectious diseases, and neglected tropical diseases.
- Fellow, Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Influenza Scienfitic Advisory Group, GlaxoSmithKline
- "Jack Shulman" Teaching Award, Division of Infectious Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine (2007)
- Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching, Emory University School of Medicine (2006)
- Best Conference Award Conference, Juha Kokko Best Conference, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine (2006)
- Humanitarian Award for extraordinary service in Betterment of the Human Condition the Emory University Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University (2002)
- Winner of the Essay Contest on the Health of Developing Countries: Causes and Effects in Relation to Economics or Law, sponsored by the Center for International Commission on Macroeconomics and Health with the essay "Infectious Diseases, Non-zero Sum Thinking and Developing World" (2002)
- James W. Alley Award for Outstanding Service to Disadvantaged Populations, Rollins School of Public Health of Emory University, May 2002. Received during Commencement Ceremony for Degree of Master in Public Health (2002)
- Diplomat in Internal Medicine American Board of Internal Medicine (1999)
- Georgia Medical License (1999)
- Diplomat in Infectious Diseases, American Board of Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases Subspecialty (2001)
- Infectious Diseases Certification, International Society of Travel Medicine (2005)
- Diploma Course on Tropical Medicine, Gorgas Institute, Lima, Peru (2006)
- Tropical Medicine Certification, American Society of Tropical Medicine (2007)
- MD, La Salle University School of Medicine, Mexico City, Mexico (1989-1995)
- Masters in Public Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlata, GA, Track: International Health (1999-2002)
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine (1996-1999)
- Fellow in Infectious Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine (1999-2002)
- Fellow in AIDS International Training and Research Program, NIH Fogarty Institute, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University (1999-2002)
- Chief Medical Resident, Grady Memorial Hospital, Emory University School of Medicine, (2001-2002)
- Franco-Paredes C, Nicolls D, Dismukes R, et al. Persistent and untreated tropical infectious diseases among Sudanese refugees in the US. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2007.
- Franco-Paredes C. African Tripanosomiasis. Chagas’ Disease. In: Eds: Kozarsky P, Arguin P, Reed C. Yellow Book: Health Information for Travelers 2007-2008, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Elsevier Ltd:335-339.
- Franco-Paredes C. The Post-travel Period. In: Eds: Kozarsky P, Arguin P, Reed C. Yellow Book: Health Information for Travelers 2007-2008, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Elsevier Ltd:60-67.
- Franco-Paredes C, Keystone J. Fever in the Returned Traveler. In: Antimicrobial Therapy and Vaccines. In: Eds: Yu VL, Weber R, Raoult D. 2nd Edition. Apple Tree Production, LLC Yew York 2002:1483-6. Available at: http://www.antimicrobe.org.
- Franco-Paredes, C. Pneumocystis jiroveci (PCP) in the inner city: A persistent and deadly pathogen. Am J Med Sci. In Press .
- Franco-Paredes C, Von A, Hidron A, et al. Chagas disease: an impediment in achieving the Millennium Development Goals in Latin America. BMC Int Health Hum Rights. 2007;7:7.
- Jacob J, Franco-Paredes C. The Stigmatization of Leprosy in India and its Impact on Future Approaches to Elimination and Control. PloS Neglected Tropical Diseases. 2007.
- Franco-Paredes C, Jones D, Rodriguez-Morales AJ, Santos-Preciado JI. Improving the health of neglected populations in Latin America. BMC Public Health. 2007;7:11.
- Franco-Paredes C, Rouphael N, Rodríguez-Morales A, et al. Cardiac Manifestations of Parasitic Diseases Part 1. General Aspects and Immunopathogenesis. Clin Cardiol 2007; In Press.
- Franco-Paredes C, Rouphael N, Rodríguez-Morales A, et al. Cardiac Manifestations of Parasitic Diseases Part 2. Myocardial Manifestations of Parasitic Diseases. Clin Cardiol. 2007; In Press.
- Franco-Paredes C, Rouphael N, Rodríguez-Morales A, et al. Cardiac Manifestations of Parasitic Diseases Part 3. Pericardial Manifestations of Parasitic Diseases and Other Cardiopulmonary Manifestations. Clin Cardiol; 2007; In Press.
- Franco-Paredes C, Tellez I, Del Rio C. Rapid HIV Testing. Current HIV/AIDS Reports. 2006;3:169-175.
- Franco-Paredes C, Santos-Preciado JI. Prevention of Malaria in Travelers. Lancet Infect Dis. 2006;6:139-149.