Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
Topics of Professional Interest:
- Antiretroviral treatment
- Gastrointestinal manifestations
- Immunologic changes
Current Professional Summary:
Dr Gazzard is Research Director of the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital HIV Unit, and a clinician in charge of inpatients.
Committees and Organizations:
- Chairman, British HIV Association
- Trustee, British Medical Association AIDS Foundation
- Trustee, National AIDS Manual
University of Cambridge, MD
- Blanshard C, Banhamou Y, Dohin E, Lernestedt JO, Gazzard BG, Katlama C. Treatment of AIDS-associated gastrointestinal cytomegalovirus infection with foscarnet and ganciclovir; a randomized comparison. J Infect Dis. 1995;172:662-628.
- Sharpstone DR, Rowbottom AW, Nelson M, Lepper MW, Gazzard BG. Faecal tumour necrosis factor-alpha in individuals with HIV-related diarrhea. AIDS. 1996;10:1989-1994.
- Blanshard C, Francis N, Gazzard BG. Investigation of chronic diarrhea in acquired immunodeficiency syndrome: a prospective study of 155 patients. Gut. 1996;39:824-832.
- Cartledge JD, Midgley J, Petrou M, Shanson D, Gazzard BG. Unresponsive HIV-related oro-oesophageal candidosis – an evaluation of two new in-vitro azole susceptability tests. Antimicrob Chemother. 1997;40:517-523.
- Chene G, Easterbrook PJ, Juszczak E, Yu LM, Pocock SJ, Gazzard BG. Long-term survival in patients with advanced immunodeficiency. AIDS. 1997;73:471-474.
- Gazzard BG, Moyle GJ, Weber J, Johnson M, Bingham JS, Brettle R, et al. British HIV Association guidelines for antiretroviral treatment of HIV seropositive individuals. Lancet. 1997;349:1086-1092.
- Walsh JC, Jones CD, Barnes EA, Gazzard BG, Mitchell SM. Increasing survival in AIDS patients with cytomegalovirus retinitis treated with combination antiretroviral therapy including HIV protease inhibitors. AIDS. 1998;12:613-618.
- Sadler M, Chinn R, Healy J, Fisher M, Nelson MR, Gazzard BG. New treatments for progessive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in HIV-1 infected patients. AIDS. 1998;12:533-535.
- Moore DAJ, Henderson D, Gotch F, Gazzard BG. Reversal of abnormalities of neutrophil adhesion molecule expression in HIV infection following protease inhibitor therapy. AIDS. 1998;12:2083-2084.
- Hayes PJ, Miao YM, Gotch FM, Gazzard BG. Alterations in blood leucocyte adhesion molecule profiles in HIV-1 infection. Clin Exper Immunol. 1999;117:331-334.
- Hammer SM, Saag MS, Schechter M, Montaner JS, Schooley RT, Jacobsen DM, Thompson MA, Carpenter CC, Fischl MA, Gazzard BG, Gatell JM, Hirsch MS, Katzenstein DA, Richman DD, Vella S, Yeni PG, Volberding PA; International AIDS Society-USA panel. Treatment for adult HIV infection: 2006 recommendations of the International AIDS Society-USA panel. JAMA. 2006;296:827-843. (Prior recommendations published in 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1997, 1996)