Yale School of Medicine
Yale School of Management
New Haven, CT
- Cost-effectiveness analyses in HIV prevention, screening, and care
- HIV screening policy
- “Test-and-treat” approach
- Preexposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
Dr Paltiel is a Professor in the Division of Health Policy and Administration at the Yale School of Public Health. He also holds an appointment as Professor at the Yale School of Management. He is engaged in numerous research projects concerned broadly with issues of resource allocation and decision making in health and medicine.
- Editorial Boards, Medical Decision Making (1998-2001) and Value in Health (1999-2005)
- Permanent Member, NIH Study Sections: AARR-7, AARR-8, SNEM-4, and BSPH (1999-2002)
- Scientific Advisory Committee, French National Agency for Research on AIDS and Viral Hepatitis (ANRS) (2009-present)
- Served on four expert panels convened by the Institute of Medicine under mandates from the United States Congress
- McGill University, BA (1981)
- Yale University, MBA (1985)
- Yale University, PhD, Operations Research (1992)
- Walensky RP, Paltiel AD, Losina E, et al. Test and treat DC: forecasting the impact of a comprehensive HIV strategy in Washington DC. Clin Infect Dis. 2010;51:392-400.
- Paltiel AD, Freedberg KA, Scott CA, et al. HIV preexposure prophylaxis in the United States: impact on lifetime infection risk, clinical outcomes, and cost-effectiveness. Clin Infect Dis. 2009;48:806-815.
- Walensky RP, Wolf LL, Wood R, Fofana MO, Freedberg KA, Martinson NA, Paltiel AD, Anglaret X, Weinstein MC, Losina E. When to start antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settings. Ann Intern Med. 2009;151:157-166.
- Paltiel AD, Walensky RP, Schackman BR, et al. Expanded HIV screening in the United States: effect on clinical outcomes, HIV transmission, and costs. Ann Intern Med. 2006;145:797-806.
- Walensky RP, Paltiel AD. Rapid HIV testing at home: does it solve a problem or create one? Ann Intern Med. 2006;145:459-462.
- Walensky RP, Paltiel AD, Losina E, et al. The survival benefits of AIDS treatment in the United States. J Infect Dis. 2006;194:11-19.
- Paltiel AD, Weinstein MC, Kimmel AD, et al. Expanded screening for HIV in the United States--an analysis of cost-effectiveness. N Engl J Med. 2005;352:586-595.
- Freedberg KA, Losina E, Weinstein MC, Paltiel AD, et al. The cost effectiveness of combination antiretroviral therapy for HIV disease. N Engl J Med. 2001;344:824-831.
- Freedberg KA, Scharfstein JA, Seage GR 3rd, Losina E, Weinstein MC, Craven DE, Paltiel AD. The cost-effectiveness of preventing AIDS-related opportunistic infections. JAMA. 1998;279:130-136.
- Paltiel AD, Kaplan EH. Modeling zidovudine therapy: a cost-effectiveness analysis. JAIDS. 1991;4:795-804.