Transgender Health Program
Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center
Los Angeles, CA
- Long-term outcomes in cross-sex hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Use of informed consent and harm reduction models in providing HRT
- Screening for gynecologic concerns in female-to-male
- Silicone injections among trans women
- International/Latin American health
- Evidence-based transgender primary, preventive, and hormone care
- Developing a transgender health program at community clinics
- Integrative medicine
- Emergency medicine
Dr Deutsch is lead physician at the Transgender Health Program at the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center in San Francisco, CA. She is also affiliated with the UCSF Center of Excellence for Transgender Health where she is involved in developing best practice guidelines and works internationally providing technical assistance on transgender health topics.
- Member, Medical Advisory Board, UCSF Center of Excellence for Transgender Health
- Planning Committee, Transgender Health Education and Training, Philadelphia Trans Health Conference
- Lecturer, UCSF Transgender Healthcare elective course
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Transgenderism
- Editor-in-Chief, Trans Health Journal Club Blog
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health Task Force on electronic medical records
- Binghamton University, State University of New York (SUNY), BS, Computer Science (1994)
- Purchase College, SUNY, Postbaccalaureate Premedical Studies (1996)
- Rosalind Franklin University, Chicago Medical School, MD (2001)
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Emergency Medicine Residency (2001-2005)
- Deutsch MB. Use of the informed consent model in the provision of cross-sex hormone therapy: a survey of the practices of selected clinics. International Journal of Transgenderism. In press.
- Deutsch MB. Transgender Healthcare. In: Schneider JS, Silenzio VM, eds. GLMA Handbook on LGBT Health. In press.
- Deutsch MB. Transgender Health. American Academy of HIV Medicine Fundamentals of HIV Medicine for the HIV Specialist. In press.