Division of Infectious Diseases
Department of Medicine
UT Southwestern Medical Center
Topics of Professional Interest:
- Transplant Infectious Diseases
- HIV and Solid Organ Transplantation
- Invasive Fungal Infections
- Fungal Immunology
- Medical Education
Committees and Organizations:
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Member, Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Member, HIV Medicine Association
- Core Faculty, International Antiviral Society USA
- Member, American Society of Transplantation
- Member, American Society of Transplantation Infectious Diseases Community of Practice
Honors and Awards:
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Ben Friedman Award For Excellence in Teaching by a Resident, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Department of Medicine (2008-2009)
- Best Teaching Fellow Award, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Department of Medicine (2010-2011)
- Master Teacher Award, Wake Forest University, Department of Medicine (2013-2014)
- Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, BS (1999)
- Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, MD (2005)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, Internship (2008)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, Residency (2010)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, Fellowship, Infectious Diseases (2012)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, Fellowship, Transplant Infectious Diseases (2013)
- La Hoz RM, Baddley JW. Fungal Endocarditis. Journal of Invasive Fungal Diseases. 2011;5(2)31-36.
- La Hoz RM, Baddley JW. Subcutaneous Mycoses. Current Infectious Diseases Report. 2012;14(5).
- La Hoz RM, Loyd JE, Wheat LJ, Baddley JW. How I treat Histoplasmosis. Current Fungal Infection Report. DOI 10.1007/s12281-012-0117-7. Epub Nov 2012.
- La Hoz RM, Pappas PG. Cryptococcal Infections: Changing Epidemiology and Implications for Therapy. Drugs. DOI 10.1007/s40265-013-0037-z. Epub Apr 2013.
- La Hoz RM, Baddley JW. Infectious Complications of Immune Modulatory Agents. Current Infectious Diseases Report. 10.1007/s11908-013-0365-x. Epub October 2013.
- Kumar N, Hanks ME, Chandrasekaran P, Davis BC, Hsu AP, Van Wagoner NJ, Merlin JS, Spalding C, La Hoz RM, Zerbe CS, Holland SM, Sampaio EP. Gain of Function Mutation in STAT1 and Disseminated Zygomycosis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. Epub Apr 2014. doi:10.1016/j.jaci.2014.02.037