Assistant Professor of Medicine
Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Baylor College of Medicine
- Adherence to antiretroviral therapy
- Linkage and retention in HIV care
- Hepatitis C virus (HCV) coinfection with HIV
- Routine opt-out HIV testing
Dr Giordano is Medical Director of the Thomas Street Health Center in Houston and a researcher at Baylor College of Medicine and the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center in Houston. His research focuses on adherence and retention in HIV care, HIV/HCV coinfection, and HIV-related health services research.
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- HIV Medicine Association
- International AIDS Society
- John Carroll University, BS, Biology (1988)
- Cornell University, MA, History of Art (1992)
- Johns Hopkins University, MD, Medicine (1996)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine (1996-1999)
- Baylor College of Medicine, Fellow in Infectious Diseases (1999-2002)
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Public Health, MPH, Disease Control (2004)
- Bhatia R, Hartman C, Kallen MA, Graham J, Giordano TP. Persons newly diagnosed with HIV infection are at high risk for depression and poor linkage to care: results from the Steps Study. AIDS Behav. 2010;[Epub ahead of print]
- Giordano TP, Bartsch G, Zhang Y, et al. Disparities in outcomes for African American and Latino subjects in the Flexible Initial Retrovirus Suppressive Therapies (FIRST) trial. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2010;24:287-295.
- Buscher AL, Giordano TP. Gaps in knowledge in caring for HIV survivors long-term. JAMA. 2010;304:340-341.
- Mugavero MJ, Davila JA, Nevin CR, Giordano TP. From access to engagement: measuring retention in outpatient HIV clinical care. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2010;24:607-613.
- Giordano TP, Hartman C, Gifford AL, Backus LI, Morgan RO. Predictors of retention in HIV care among a national cohort of US veterans. HIV Clin Trials. 2009;10:299-305.
- Baillargeon J, Giordano TP, Rich JD, et al. Accessing antiretroviral therapy following release from prison. JAMA. 2009;301:848-857.
- Giordano TP, Gifford AL, White AC, Jr, et al. Retention in care: a challenge to survival with HIV infection. Clin Infect Dis. 2007;44:1493-1499.
- Giordano TP, Visnegarwala F, White AC, Jr, et al. Patients referred to an urban HIV clinic frequently fail to establish care: factors predicting failure. AIDS Care. 2005;17:773-783.
- Giordano TP, Guzman D, Clark R, Charlebois ED, Bangsberg DR. Measuring adherence to antiretroviral therapy in a diverse population using a visual analogue scale. HIV Clin Trials. 2004;5:74-79.
- Giordano TP, Kramer JR, Souchek J, Richardson P, El-Serag HB. Cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma in HIV-infected veterans with and without the hepatitis C virus: a cohort study, 1992-2001. Arch Intern Med. 2004;164:2349-2354.