Associate Professor of Medicine
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism
The Johns Hopkins University
- Reduced bone mineral density in HIV
- Metabolic and morphologic abnormalities in HIV
- Complimentary and alternative medicine and the
metabolic complications of HIV
- Osteopenia/osteoporosis in HIV
- Insulin resistance/diabetes in HIV
- Body composition changes
- Complementary medicine and metabolic complications in HIV
- Hypogonadism in HIV
- Adrenal insufficiency in HIV
Dr Brown is an endocrinologist at The Johns Hopkins University. In addition to practicing General Endocrinology, he serves as Associate Director of the HIV Lipodystrophy and Metabolic Complications Clinic. His research interests include the metabolic and skeletal abnormalities in HIV-infected patients.
- Member, Endocrine Society, 2001
- Member, American Diabetes Association, 2004
- Member, AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG) Metabolic Focus Group
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, 1998
- Scientific Scholar, 5th International Workshop on Adverse Reactions and Lipodystrophy in HIV, Paris, 2003
- Travel Award Recipient, 11th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, San Francisco, CA, 2004
- Clinician Scientist Award, Johns Hopkins University, 2005
- Brown University, BA (1990)
- Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, MD (1998)
- Georgetown University, Internal Medicine, Internship and
- Johns Hopkins University, Endocrinology and Metabolism,
- Brown TT, Li X, Cole SR, Kingsley LA, Palella FJ, Riddler SA, Chmiel JS, Visscher BR, Margolick JB, Dobs AS. Cumulative exposure to nucleoside analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitors is associated with insulin resistance markers in the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study. AIDS. 2005;19:1375-1383.
- Brown TT, Cole SR, Li X, Kingsley LA, Palella FJ, Riddler SA, Visscher BR, Margolick JB, Dobs AS. Antiretroviral therapy and the prevalence and incidence of diabetes mellitus in the multicenter AIDS cohort study. Arch Intern Med. 2005;165:1179-1184.
- Brown TT, Ruppe MD, Kassner R, Kumar P, Kehoe T, Dobs AS, Timpone J. Reduced bone mineral density in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients and its association with increased central adiposity and postload hyperglycemia. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:1200-1206.