Director, Infectious Disease Fellowship Training
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Prevention and management of dyslipidemia, lipodystrophy and bone mineral loss among HIV-infected patients
- Trends of non-AIDS-defining malignancies among HIV-infected patients
- New therapies for patients with drug-resistant HIV
Dr Bedimo is Director of Infectious Disease Fellowship Training at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern. He is an adjunct faculty member of the Texas/Oklahoma AIDS Education and Training Center and is also the Chief of the Infectious Disease Section at the Veteran Affairs North Texas Health Care System in Dallas, TX. Dr Bedimo joined the IAS-USA Editorial Board for Cases on the Web in December 2006.
- Member, HIV Malignancy Working Group, NIAID, NIH
- Member, The Infectious Disease Society of America
- Member, The American Medical Association
- Member, The American College of Physicians
- Member, The American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- Member, The Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- Recognition for excellence in abstract submission, IDSA 2003 Travel Grant (2003)
- NIH-sposnored Clinical Investigator Fellowship Award, The University of Alabama at Birmingham (2002)
- Resident of the Year, Miami Valley Hospital (2001)
- Teacher of the Year, Wright State University School of Medicine (2001)
- University of Yaounde, Cameroon, MD (1989)
- Tulane University, MS, Parasitology (1997)
- Wright State University Medical School, Internal Medicine Residency (2001)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, Infectious Disease Fellowship (2003)
- Busti AJ, Bedimo R, Margolis D, Hardin D. Improvement in Insulin Sensitivity and Dyslipidemia in Protease Inhibitor-Treated Patients After Switch to Atazanavir/Ritonavir (ATV/RTV): A Prospective Study Using Hyperinsulinemic, Euglycemic Clamp Testing. Antivir Ther. 2006;11:L37.
- Kaur R, Bedimo R, Kvanli M, Turner D, Shaw L, and Margolis D. A placebo-controlled pilot study of intensification of antiretroviral therapy with mycophenolate mofetil. AIDS Research and Therapy. 2006;26;3:16.
- Bedimo R, Ghurani R, Nsuami M, Turner D, Kvanli M, Brown G, and Margolis D. Lipid Abnormalities In HIV/HCV Co-Infected Patients. HIV Med. In press.
- Bridges D, Bedimo R. Severe Tuberculosis Sepsis in an Immunocompetent Patient. Am J Med. 2006;119:e11-14.
- Bedimo R, Chen R, Westfall A, Raper J, Allison J and Saag, M. Sustained HIV Viral Suppression Following Treatment Interruption: An Observational Study. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2006;22:40-44.
- Bedimo R, Hoesley C, Saag M. Non-AIDS-Defining Malignancies in the HAART era. Reply to Dal Maso et al. Clin Infect Dis. 2005;41:126-127.
- Marinella MA, Burdette SD, Bedimo R, Markert RJ. Leukemoid reactions complicating colitis due to Clostridium difficile. South Med J. 2004;97:959-963.
- Bedimo R, Chen R, Accort N, et al. Trends in AIDS-Defining and Non-AIDS-Defining Malignancies Among HIV-Infected Patients: 1989 to 2002. Clin Infect Dis. 2004;39:1380-1384.
- Bahebeck J, Bedimo R, Eyenga V, Kouamfack C, Kingue T, Nierenet M, Sosso M.. The management of musculoskeletal infection in HIV carriers. Acta Orthop Belg. 2004;70:355-360.
- Bedimo R, Geisler W. Dilantin Hypersensitivity Syndrome Masquerading as Fever and Systemic Illness of Unknown Origin in an HIV-Infected Patient. Int J STD AIDS. 2005;16:178-179.