Assistant Professor in Pediatrics
Harvard Medical School
Boston Children's Hospital
- HIV lipodystrophy
- Insulin resistance
- Lipid abnormalities associated with HIV
Dr Hadigan is an Assistant Professor in Pediatrics at Harvard Medical School and an Attending Physician in Nutrition and Gastroenterology at Boston Children's Hospital. She conducts clinical research investigating metabolic disturbances related to HIV-associated lipodystrophy.
- Member, North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition (1998–)
- Member, American Gastroenterology Association (1998–)
- Member, Endocrine Society (2001–)
- Scientific Advisory Committee, MIT Clinical Research Center (2001–)
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (1995)
- Farley Fund Fellowship Award, Boston Children's Hospital (1998)
- Women of Endocrine Society, Travel Award, San Diego (1999)
- Astra Zeneca Travel Grant, Endocrine Society, Denver (2001)
- Barnard College, Columbia University, BA (1987)
- Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, MD (1995)
- Boston Children's Hospital, Internship/Residency, Pediatrics (1995–1998)
- Boston Children's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Fellowship, Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition (1998–2000)
- Harvard School of Public Health, MPH (2001)
- Hadigan C, Corcoran C, Basgoz N, Davis B, Sax P, Grinspoon S. Metformin in the treatment of HIV lipodystrophy syndrome: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2000;284:472-477.
- Hadigan CM, Anderson EJ, Miller KK, Hubbard JL, Herzog DB, Klibanski A, Grinspoon SK. Assessment of macronutrient and micronutrient intake in women with anorexia nervosa. Int J Eat Disord. 2000;28:284-292.
- Hadigan C, Corcoran C, Piecuch S, Rodriguez W, Grinspoon S. Hyperandrogenemia in human immunodeficiency virus-infected women with the lipodystrophy syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000;85:3544-3550.
- Hadigan C, Meigs JB, Corcoran C, Rietschel P, Piecuch S, Basgoz N, Davis B, Sax P, Stanley T, Wilson PW, D'Agostino RB, Grinspoon S. Metabolic abnormalities and cardiovascular disease risk factors in adults with human immunodeficiency virus infection and lipodystrophy. Clin Infect Dis. 2001;32:130-139.
- Rietschel P, Hadigan C, Corcoran C, Stanley T, Neubauer G, Gertner J, Grinspoon S. Assessment of growth hormone dynamics in human immunodeficiency virus-related lipodystrophy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:504-510.
- Hadigan C, Meigs JB, Rabe J, D'Agostino RB, Wilson PW, Lipinska I, Tofler GH, Grinspoon SK. Increased PAI-1 and tPA antigen levels are reduced with metformin therapy in HIV-infected patients with fat redistribution and insulin resistance. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:939-943.
- Huang JW, Rietschel P, Hadigan CM, Rosenthal DL, Grinspoon S. Increased abdominal visceral fat is associated with reduced bone density in HIV-infected men with lipodystrophy. AIDS. 2001;15:975-982.
- Hadigan C, Jeste S, Anderson EJ, Tsay R, Cyr H, Grinspoon S. Modifiable dietary habits and their relation to metabolic abnormalities in men and women with human immunodeficiency virus infection and fat redistribution. Clin Infect Dis. 2001;33:710-717.
- Meininger G, Hadigan C, Lapasota M, et al. Elevated concentrations of free fatty acids are associated with increased insulin response to standard glucose challenge in HIV-infected subjects with fat distribution. Metabolism. In press.
- Meininger G, Hadigan C, Rietschel P, Grinspoon S. Use of body composition parameters in predicting glucose and insulin abnormalities in HIV-infected men. Am J Clin Nutr. In press.