Assistant Professor of Medicine
Division of Infectious Diseases
The Johns Hopkins University
- Host genetics and viral hepatitis
- HCV-HIV coinfection
- HBV-HIV coinfection
- Treatment of HCV, HBV, HIV
Dr Thio is an Attending Physician at The Johns Hopkins University. She sees patients with HCV, HIV, HBV, and coinfections. Dr Thio's research interests focus mainly on the influence of host genetic factors on viral hepatitis outcomes. She is also involved in studies of HIV-HBV coinfection.
- Member, Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Member, American College of Physicians
- University of Pennsylvania, BA, Biochemistry (1987)
- Yale University, MD (1992)
- University of Pennsylvania, Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine (1992–1995)
- The Johns Hopkins University, Fellowship in Infectious Diseases (1996–2000)
- Thio CL, Waxman SG, Sontheimer H. Ion channels in spinal cord astrocytes in vitro, III: modulation of channel expression by coculture with neurons and neuron-conditioned media. J Neurophysiol. 1993;69.
- Thio CL, Sontheimer H. Differential modulation of TTX-sensitive and TTX-resistant Na+ channels in spinal cord astrocytes following activation of protein kinase C. J Neurosci. 1993;13.
- Utzschneider DA, Thio CL, Sontheimer H, Ritchie JM, Waxman SG, Kocsis JD. Action potential conduction and sodium channel content in the optic nerve of myelin deficient rats. Proc R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 1993;254.
- Thio CL, Rutledge TM. Fluconazole compared with ketoconazole for the treatment of Candida esophagitis in AIDS: a randomized trial [letter]. Ann Intern Med. 1993;118.
- Chan-Tak K, Thio CL, Miller N, Ho C, Merz W. Paecilomyces lilacinus fungemia in an adult bone marrow transplant recipient. Med Mycol. 1999;37.
- Thio CL, Carrington M, Karacki P, Astemborski J, Marti D, Nelson KE, Vlahov D, O'Brien SJ, Thomas DL. HLA-Cw04 is associated with hepatitis C virus persistence. Clin Infect Dis. 1999;29. Abstract.
- Thio CL, Carrington M, Marti D, O'Brien SJ, Vlahov D, Nelson KE, Astemborski J, Thomas DL. Class II HLA alleles and hepatitis B virus persistence in African-Americans. J Infect Dis. 1999;179.
- Thio CL, Smith D, Bova G, Gay L, Streifel AJ, Merz W, Miller C, Perl TM. Refinements of environmental assessment during an outbreak investigation of invasive aspergillus in a leukemia and bone marrow transplant unit. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2000;21.
- Thio CL, Nolt KR, Astemborski J, Vlahov D, Nelson KE, Thomas DL. Screening for hepatitis C in HIV-infected individuals. J Clin Microbiol. 2000;38.
- Thio CL, Thomas DL, Carrington M. Chronic viral hepatitis and the human genome. Hepatology. 2000;31.