The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria
- HIV immune responses and immunomodulators
- Intermittent HAART
- Treatment of primary HIV infection
- HIV therapy
- HIV reservoirs
- Primary HIV infection
Dr Dybul is currently a Staff Clinician in the Laboratory of Immunoregulation, NIAID/NIH. He is the principal investigator for clinical and basic research protocols with an emphasis on HIV therapy, reservoirs, and immunopathogenesis.
- Public Health Service Citation (1998)
- Public Health Service Achievement Medal (2001)
- Georgetown University, AB Philosophy (1985)
- Georgetown University School of Medicine, MD (1992)
- University of Chicago Hospitals, Residency in Internal Medicine (1992–1995)
- NIAID, NIH, Fellowship in Infectious Diseases (1995–1998)
- Weissman D, Rabin R, Arthos J, Rubbert A, Dybul M, Swofford R, Venkatesan S, Farber J, Fauci AS. Macrophage-tropic HIV and SIV envelope proteins induce a signal through the CCR5 chemokine receptor. Nature. 1997;389:981-985.
- Rubbert A, Combadiere C, Ostrowski M, Dybul M, Machado E, Cohn M, Hoxie JA, Murphy PM, Fauci AS, Weissman D. Dendritic cells express multiple chemokine receptors used by HIV as coreceptors for entry. J Immunol. 1998.160:3933-3941.
- Dybul M, Kinter A, Ruiz M, Fauci AS. Promethean thymus? J Clin Invest. 1998;101:2299-2300.
- Dybul M, Weissman D, Rubbert A, Machado E, Cohn M, Ehler L, Mizell S, Callahan MO, Fauci AS. The role of dendritic cells in the infection of CD4+ T-cells with the human immunodeficiency virus: use of dendritic cells from individuals homozygous for the Δ32CCR5 allele as a model. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1998;14:1109-1113.
- McDyer J, Dybul M, Goletz T, Kinter A, Thomas E, Berzofsky J, Fauci AS, Seder R. Differential effects of CD40 ligand/trimer stimulation on the ability of dendritic cells to replicate and transmit HIV infection: evidence for cc-chemokine-dependent and independent mechanisms. J Immunol. 1999;162:3711-3717.
- Chun TW, Engel D, Mizel S, Metcalf J, Hallahan C, Kovacs J, Davey R, Dybul M, Mican J, Lane H, Fauci AS. Effects of interleukin-2 in diminution of a pool of latently infected, resting CD4+ T-cells in HIV-1 infected patients receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy. Nat Med. 1999;5:651-655.
- Weissman D, Dybul M, Daucher M, Davey RT, Walker RE, Kovacs J. IL-2 regulation of the HIV co-receptor CCR5 in vivo. J Infect Dis. 2000;181:933-938.
- Dybul M, Chun T-W, Ward D, Hertogs K, Larder B, Fox C, Orenstein J, Baird B, Li Y, Green L, Engel D, Liu S, Mican J, Fauci AS. Evalution of lymph node viral burden in HIV-infected individuals receiving an efavirenz-based protease inhibitor-sparing HAART regimen. J Infect Dis. 2000;181:1273-1280.
- Dybul M, Mercier G, Belson M, Hallahan C, Liu S, Perry C, Herpin B, Ehler L, Davey R, Metcalf J, Mican J, Seder R, Fauci AS. CD40 ligand trimer and IL-12 enhance PBMC and CD4+ T-cell proliferation and production of IFN-γ in response to p24 antigen in HIV-infected individuals: potential contribution of anergy in the lack of HIV-specific unresponsiveness. J Immunol. 2000;165:1685-1692.