Director - HIV, Immunology, and Infectious Diseases Unit
St. Vincent's Hospital
Professor of Medicine
University of New South Wales
- Antiretroviral drug toxicity
- HIV comorbidities
- Antiretroviral therapy of HIV infection
- Member, Metabolic Complications Guidelines Panel, IAS–USA
- Martinez E, Visnegarwala F, Grund B, Thomas A, Gibert C, Shlay J, Drummond F, Pearce D, Edwards S, Reiss P, El-Sadr W, Carr A. The effects of intermittent, CD4-guided antiretroviral therapy on body composition and metabolic parameters. AIDS. 2010;24:353-363.
- Samaras K, Richardson R, Carr A. Postprandial lipid effects of low-dose ritonavir vs. raltegravir in HIV-uninfected adults. AIDS. 2010;24:1727-1731.
- Carr A, Amin J. Efficacy and tolerability of initial antiretroviral therapy: a systematic review. AIDS. 2009;23:343-353.
- Mitsuyasu RT, Merigan TC, Carr A, et al. Phase 2 gene therapy trial of an anti-HIV ribozyme in autologous CD34+ cells. Nat Med. 2009;15:285-292.
- Martin A, Bloch M, Amin J, Baker D, Cooper DA, Emery S, Carr A. Simplification of antiretroviral therapy with tenofovir-emtricitabine or abacavir-Lamivudine: a randomized, 96-week trial. Clin Infect Dis. 2009;49:1591-1601.
- Grund B, Peng G, Gibert CL, Hoy JF, Isaksson RL, Shlay JC, Martinez E, Reiss P, Visnegarwala F, Carr AD. Continuous antiretroviral therapy decreases bone mineral density. AIDS. 2009;23:1519-1529.
- Grinspoon S, Carr A. Cardiovascular risk and body-fat abnormalities in HIV-infected adults. N Engl J Med. 2005;352:48-62.
- Schambelan M, Benson CA, Carr A, et al. Management of metabolic complications associated with antiretroviral therapy for HIV-1 infection: recommendations of an International AIDS Society-USA panel. JAIDS. 2002;31:257-275.
- Carr A, Samaras K, Thorisdottir A, Kaufmann G, Chisholm D, Cooper DA. Diagnosis, prediction and natural course of HIV protease inhibitor-associated lipodystrophy, hyperlipidaemia and diabetes mellitus: a cohort study. Lancet. 1999; 353:2093-2099.
- Carr A, Samaras K, Burton S, et al. A syndrome of peripheral lipodystrophy, hyperlipidaemia and insulin resistance in patients receiving HIV protease inhibitors. AIDS. 1998;12:F51-F58.
Schambelan M, Benson CA, Carr A, et al. Management of metabolic complications associated with antiretroviral therapy for HIV-1 infection: recommendations of an IAS-USA panel. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2002 Nov 1;31(3):257-75.