Professor of Medicine and Pharmacology
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Pharmacokinetics of antiretroviral drugs
- Methadone metabolism by cytochrome P450
- Stereoselective azole metabolism
- Drug-drug interactions with antiretroviral drugs
- Cytochrome P450 metabolism of drugs
- Pharmacokinetics of protease inhibitors and NNRTl
Dr Gerber is a Professor of Medicine and Pharmacology at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center and an Attending Physician in Infectious Diseases at University Hospital. He also teaches second- and fourth-year medical students as well as house staff in the field of infectious diseases and pharmacology.
- Metabolic Complications Guidelines Panel, IAS–USA
- Member, AIDS Clinical Trial Group Pharmacology Committee
- Western Association of Physicians
- American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics
- Named one of "The Best Doctors in America" (1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003)
- Burroughs Wellcome Scholar in Clinical Pharmacology (1985–1990)
- Queens College, BA (1968)
- Medical College of Virginia, MD (1972)
- Medical College of Virginia, Resident in Medicine (1974–1976)
- Vanderbilt University, Fellow in Clinical Pharmacology (1976–1978)
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Fellow in Infectious Diseases (1993–1994)
- Gerber JG, Rosenkranz S, Segal Y, Aberg J, D'Amico R, Mildvan D, Gulick R, Hughes V, Flexner C, Aweeka F, Hsu A, Gal J; ACTG 401 Study Team. Effect of ritonavir/saquinavir on stereoselective pharmacokinetics of methadone: results of AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG) 401. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2001;27:153-160.
- Fichtenbaum CJ, Gerber JG, Rosenkranz SL, Segal Y, Aberg JA, Blaschke T, Alston B, Fang F, Kosel B, Aweeka F; NIAID AIDS Clinical Trials Group. Pharmacokinetic interactions between protease inhibitors and statins in HIV seronegative volunteers: ACTG Study A5047. AIDS. 2002;16:569-577.
- Pereira AS, Smeaton LM, Gerber JG, Acosta EP, Snyder S, Fiscus SA, Tidwell RR, Gulick RM, Murphy RL, Eron JJ Jr. The pharmacokinetics of amprenavir, zidovudine, and lamivudine in the genital tracts of men infected with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (AIDS clinical trials group study 850). J Infect Dis. 2002;186:198-204.
- Hamzeh FM, Benson C, Gerber J, Currier J, McCrea J, Deutsch P, Ruan P, Wu H, Lee J, Flexner C; AIDS Clinical Trials Group 365 Study Team. Steady-state pharmacokinetic interaction of modified-dose indinavir and rifabutin. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2003;73:159-169.
- Dilmaghanian S, Gerber JG, Filler SG, Sanchez A, Gal J. Enantioselectivity of inhibition of cytochrome P450 3A4 (CYP3A4) by ketoconazole: Testosterone and methadone as substrates. Chirality. 2004;16:79-85.
- Gerber JG, Rhodes RJ, Gal J. Stereoselective metabolism of methadone N-demethylation by cytochrome P4502B6 and 2C19. Chirality. 2004;16:36-44.