Associate Professor of Medicine, University of California San Francisco
Attending Physician, San Francisco General Hospital
San Francisco, CA
- Tuberculosis diagnostics and therapeutics
- HIV and viral hepatitis coinfection
- HIV and tuberculosis coinfection
- Tuberculosis diagnostics
- Novel tuberculosis therapeutics, HIV and hepatitis B virus coinfection, HIV and hepatitis C virus coinfection
Dr Luetkemeyer is an associate professor of medicine at University of California San Francisco (UCSF) and an attending physician at San Francisco General Hospital (SFGH) where she specializes in HIV/AIDS. Her clinical responsibilities include outpatient services at the San Francisco General Hospital HIV clinic as well as inpatient services on the HIV/AIDS, general medicine, and infectious diseases consult services. Dr Luetkemeyer directs the HIV Clinical Trials Group at SFGH, which conducts investigator-initiated and industry HIV trials. She is a site investigator for the Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG). Her research interests include HIV and tuberculosis coinfection, development of novel tuberculosis diagnostics, and HIV and viral hepatitis coinfection.
- ACTG TB Diagnostics Working Group (2008-present)
- Recipient, David E. Rogers Junior Faculty Award for Outstanding Educational Presentation (2003)
- Recipient, Young Investigator Award, 14th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (2007)
- Nominee, SFGH Department of Medicine, John Murray Award For Excellence in Internal Medicine (2010)
- Stanford University, AB degree with distinction, American Studies (1994)
- Harvard Medical School, MD (1999)
- UCSF, Resident Physician, Internal Medicine (1999-2002)
- UCSF, Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Chief Resident Physician,
Internal Medicine (2002-2003)
- UCSF, Infectious Diseases Fellow (2003-2007)
- UCSF, Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, Postdoctoral Fellow (2004-2006)
- Chamie G, Luetkemeyer A, Walusimbi-Nanteza M, et al. Significant variation in presentation of pulmonary tuberculosis across a high resolution of CD4 strata. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2010;14:1295-1302.
- Luetkemeyer AF, Havlir DV, Currier JS. Complications of HIV disease and antiretroviral treatment. Top HIV Med. 2010;18:57-65.
- Chamie G, Luetkemeyer A, Charlebois E, Havlir DV. Tuberculosis as part of the natural history of HIV infection in developing countries. Clin Infect Dis. 2010;50:S245-S254.
- Luetkemeyer AF, Charlebois ED, Flores LL, et al. Comparison of an interferon-gamma release assay with tuberculin skin testing in HIV-infected individuals. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2007;175:737-742.
- Swaminathan S, Luetkemeyer A, Srikantiah P, et al. Antiretroviral therapy and TB. Trop Doct. 2006;36:73-79.
- Luetkemeyer A, Hare CB, Stansell J, et al. Clinical presentation and course of acute hepatitis C infection in HIV-infected patients. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2006;41:31-36.