Professor of Epidemiology and Pathology
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
New York, NY
- Kaposi's sarcoma–associated herpesvirus
Dr Moore is a Professor of Epidemiology and Pathology at Columbia University. He teaches Introduction to Communicable Disease Epidemiology. His research activities include molecular virology studies of KSHV and discovery of new and novel pathogens.
- Langmuir Prize
- Robert Koch Award (Germany)
- Mayenberg Prize (Germany)
- Westminster College, BS (1977)
- Stanford University, MS (1980)
- University of Utah, MD, MPhil (1986)
- University of California, Berkeley, MPH (1990)
- Chang Y, Cesarman E, Pessin M, Lee F, Culpepper J, Knowles DM, Moore PS. Identification of herpesvirus-like DNA sequences in AIDS-associated Kaposi's sarcoma. Science. 1994;266:1865-1869.
- Cesarman E, Chang Y, Moore PS, Said J, Knowles DM. Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus-like DNA sequences are detectable in AIDS-related body cavity based non-Hodgkin's lymphomas. N Engl J Med. 1995;332:1186-1191.
- Moore PS, Chang Y. Detection of herpesvirus-like DNA sequences in Kaposi's sarcoma in patients with and those without HIV infection. N Engl J Med. 1995;332:1181-1185.
- Cesarman E, Moore PS, Parsa N, Inghirami G, Knowles DM, Chang Y. In vitro establishment and characterization of two AIDS-related body cavity based lymphoma cell lines containing Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus-like (KSHV) DNA sequences. Blood. 1995;86:2708-2714.
- Chang Y, Ziegler J, Wabinga H, Katangole-Mbidde E, Boshoff C, Schulz T, Whitby D, Maddelena D, Jaffe HW, Weiss RA, Uganda Kaposi's Sarcoma Study Group, Moore PS. Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus DNA sequences are present in African endemic and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma. Arch Intern Med. 1996;156:202-204.
- Gao SJ, Kingsley L, Hoover D, Spira T, Rinaldo C, Saah A, Phair J, Detels R, Parry P, Chang Y, Moore PS. Seroconversion to antibodies against Kaposi's sarcoma associated herpesvirus related latent nuclear antigens before the development of Kaposi's sarcoma. N Engl J Med. 1996;335:233-241.
- Chang Y, Moore PS, Talbot SJ, Boshoff C, Zarkowska T, Godden-Kent D, Weiss RA, Mittnacht S. Cyclin encoded by KS herpesvirus. Nature. 1996;382:410.
- Gao SJ, Kingsley L, Ming L, Zheng W, Parravincini C, Rinaldo CR, Saah A, Phair J, Detels R, Chang Y, Moore PS. Seroprevalence of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus antibodies among North Americans, Italians and Ugandans with and without Kaposi's sarcoma. Nat Med. 1996;2:925-928.
- Boshoff C, Endo Y, Collins PD, Takeuchi Y, Reeves JD, Schweickart VL, Siani M, Sasaki T, Williams TJ, Gray PW, Moore PS, Chang Y, Weiss RA. Angiogenic and HIV inhibitory functions of KSHV-encoded chemokines. Science. 1997;278:290-294.
- Gao S-J, Boshoff C, Jayachandra S, Weiss RA, Chang Y, Moore PS. KSHV vIRF is an oncogene which inhibits interferon-mediated immune responses. Oncogene. 1997;15:1976-1986.