Chief of Dental Services
Director, Oral Health Center
Infectious Disease Program
Grady Health System
- Oral manifestations of HIV disease
- Dental treatment considerations for people with HIV disease
- US domestic and international HIV/AIDS policy
Dr Reznik is Chief of the Dental Service at Grady Health System in Atlanta, Georgia. He also serves as Director of the Oral Health Center at Grady's Infectious Disease Program, a program he founded over 12 years ago. He has been providing clinical care for people living with HIV disease since 1986. He is founder and President of the HIV Dental Alliance (HIVdent), a not-for-profit organization with the mission of facilitating oral health care for people living with HIV disease. In this role he has led technical-assistance efforts throughout the United States to increase access to dental care for people who access Ryan White CARE Act-funded services.
Dr Reznik lectures extensively throughout the country on oral manifestions of HIV/AIDS and dental treatment considerations for people living with this disease. His research interests include the changing epidemiology of oral disease seen in association with HIV disease, screening for HIV/HCV in dental settings and new treatment options for oral warts.
- Medical Executive Committee, Grady Health System
- President, HIVdent
- Research Oversight Committee, Grady Health System
- Chair Advance Practice Providers Credentials Committee, Grady Health System
- Member of The AIDS Institute Board of Directors
- Dental Director for both SEATEC and MPAETC
- John Cappers Community Service Award, 2001
- Award of Merit, National Dental Association, 2004
- Assoicate Administrators Award -Ryan White All Grantees meeting 2008
- Emory College of Emory University, BA in Political Science (1980)
- Emory University of Dentistry, DDS (1984)
- Reznik DA. Oral manifestations of HIV disease. Top HIV Med. 2005 Dec-2006;13:143-148.
- Rothenberg RB, Scarlett M, del Rio C, Reznik D, O'Daniels C. Oral transmission of HIV. AIDS. 1998;12:2095-2105.
- Reznik DA. Oral manifestations of HIV infection. Rural Clinician Quarterly. 2000;10.
- King MD, Reznik DA, O'Daniels CM, Larsen NM, Osterholt D, Blumberg HM. Human papillomavirus-associated oral warts among human immunodeficiency virus-seropositive patients in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy: an emerging infection. Clin Infect Dis. 2002;34:641-648.
- Cherry-Peppers G, Daniels CO, Meeks V, Sanders CF, Reznik D. Oral manifestations in the era of HAART. J Natl Med Assoc. 2003;95(Suppl 2):21S-32S.
- Glick M, Abel SN, Flaitz CM, Migliorati CA, Patton LL, Phelan JA, Reznik DA. Classification of oral diseases of HIV-associated immune suppression (ODHIS). 5th International Oral AIDS Conference. 2004; Phuket, Thailand.
Hill J, Reznik DA: Oral Lesions. AIDS Therapy 3rd Edition; 2008, Chapter 3, Dolin, Massur, Saag (Editors) Elsevier, St. Louis, MO, 2008.
Cuny E, Bednarsh H, Reznik D, Mosby, S: HIV/AIDS. Dental Hygiene Concepts, Cases and Competence, 2nd edition, Daniel, Harfst and Wilder (Editors), Mosby/Elsevier, St. Louis, MO, 2008.
Deitz CA, Reznik DA, Abalah E, Robbins DK.: Patients’ Attitudes about Rapid Oral HIV Testing in an Urban, Free Dental Clinic. AIDS Patient Care and STDs, December 2007.
Shiboski CH, Patton LL, Webster-Cyriaque JY, Greenspan D, Traboulsi RS, Ghannoum M, Jurevic R, Phelan JA, Reznik D, Greenspan JS: Oral HIV/AIDS Research Alliance, Subcommittee of the AIDS Clinical Trial Group. The Oral HIV/AIDS Research Alliance: updated case definitions of oral disease endpoints. J Oral Pathol Med. 2009 Jul;38(6):481-8.
Johnson NW, Malamud D, Reznik DA, Speicher DJ, Phelan J. Mucosal Fluids and Biomarkers of Clinical Disease: Workshop 3B. Adv Dent Res 23(1):137-141, 2011
Flint SR, Croser D, Reznik DA, Glick M, Naidoo S, Coogan M. HIV Transmission in the Dental Setting and the HIV-Infected Oral Health Care Professional: Workshop 1C. Adv Dent Res 23(1):106-111, 2011
Steinau, M., Reddy D, Sumbry A, Reznik DA, et al. Oral Sampling and HPV Genotyping in HIV-Infected Patients. Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine accepted for publication 08/17/11
Tobias CR, Lemay CA, Jeanty Y, Umez –Eronini A, Reznik DA. Factors associated with preventive dental care-seeking behavior among people living with HIV. Journal of Public Health Dentistry. Nov 2011
Bednarsh H, Reznik DA, Tobias CR. Financing oral health care for low-income adults living with HIV/AIDS. Public Health Rep. 2012 May;127 Suppl 2:82-6.
Walter AW, Bachman SS, Reznik DA, Cabral H, Umez-Eronini A, Nath A, Flournoy MW, Young NS. Methamphetamine use and dental problem among adults enrolled in a program to increase access to oral health services for people living with HIV/AIDS. Public Health Rep. 2012 May;127 Suppl 2:25-35
Jeanty Y, Cardenas G, Fox JE, Pereyra M, Diaz C, Bednarsh H, Reznik DA, Abel SN, Bachman SS, Metsch LR. Correlates of unmet dental care need among HIV-positive people since being diagnosed with HIV. Public Health Rep. 2012 May;127 Suppl 2:17-24.
Fox JE, Tobias CR, Bachman SS, Reznik DA, Rajabiun S, Verdecias N. Increasing access to oral health care for people living with HIV/AIDS in the U.S.: baseline evaluation results of the Innovations in Oral Health Care Initiative. Public Health Rep. 2012 May;127 Suppl 2:5-16.
Bachman SS, Abel SN, Reznik DA. New approaches to oral health care for people living with HIV/AIDS. Public Health Rep. 2012 May;127 Suppl 2:3-4