Professor of Medicine
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Antiretroviral therapy
- Treatment of virologic failure
- Metabolic complications of antiretroviral therapy
Dr Tebas is a Professor of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Principal Investigator in the AIDS Clinical Trial Unit at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Complications of HIV Disease RAC Viral Diseases Pathogen Study Group, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, AIDS Clinical Trial Group (1997–)
- Complications of HIV Disease RAC Metabolic Study Group, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, AIDS Clinical Trial Group (1998–)
- Premio Extraordinario Fin la carrera (Summa Cum Laude), Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (1986)
- SmithKline Beecham Junior Faculty Award (2000)
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Graduate of the School of Medicine and Surgery (1985)
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Clínica Puerta de Hierro, Residency in Internal Medicine, (1987–1992)
- Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, MD (1991)
- Washington University, Fellowship in Infectious Diseases (1992–1996)
- Tebas P, Niece R, Storch G. Decision analysis about the use of CSF PCR in the diagnosis of herpes simplex encephalitis. Am J Med. 1998;105:287-295.
- Havlir DV, Marschner IC, Hirsch MS, Collier AC, Tebas P, Bassett RL, Ioannidis JPA, Holohan MK, Leavitt R, Boone G, Richman DD. Maintenance antiretroviral therapies in HIV-infected subjects with undetectable plasma HIV RNA after triple-drug therapy. N Engl J Med. 1998;339:1261-1268.
- Yarasheski KE, Teas P, Sigmund C, et al. Insulin resistance in HIV protease inhibitor-associated diabetes. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 1999;21:209-216.
- Tantisiriwat W, Tebas P, Clifford DB, Powderly WG, Fichtenbaum CJ. Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in patients with AIDS receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy. Clin Infect Dis. 1999;28:1152-1154.
- Powderly WG, Tebas P. Nelfinavir, a new protease inhibitor: early clinical results. AIDS. 1999;13:S41-S48.
- Havlir D, Hellmann NS, Petropoulos CJ, Whitcomb JM, Collier AC, Hirsch MS, Tebas P, Sommadossi J-P, Richman DD. Drug susceptibility in HIV infection after viral rebound in patients receiving indinavir-containing regimens. JAMA. 2000;283:229-234.
- Squires KE, Gulick R, Tebas P, et al. A comparison of stavudine plus lamivudine versus zidovudine plus lamivudine in combinaton with indinavir in antiretroviral naive individuals with HIV infection: selection of thymidine analog regimen therapy (START I). AIDS. 2000;14:1591-1600.
- Ioannidis JPA, Havlir DV, Tebas P, Hirsch MS, Collier AC, Richman DD. Dynamics of HIV-1 viral load rebound among patients with previous suppression of viral replication. AIDS. 2000;14:1481-1488.
- Tebas P, Patick AK, Kane EM, et al. Virologic responses to a ritonavir-saquinavir-containing regimen in patients who had previously failed nelfinavir. AIDS. 1999;13:F23-F28.
- Tebas P, Powderly WG. Claxton S. Marin D. Tantisiriwat W. Teitelbaum SL. Yarasheski KE. Accelerated bone mineral loss in HIV-infected patients receiving potent antiretroviral therapy. AIDS. 2000;14:F63-F67.