Emeritus Professor of Medicine
Emory University School of Medicine
- Opportunistic infections
- Hepatitis co-infection
- Comorbid diseases
Dr Rimland is the retired Chief of Infectious Diseases at the Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center in Decatur, Georgia. He is Professor Emeritus of Medicine at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Fellow, Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Member, HIV Medicine Association
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Medical Society
- Special Contribution Awards to VA, 2002-2008
- Paul Beeson Faculty Recognition Award, 2007
- Emory University, BS Biology, 1966
- Emory University School of Medicine, MD, 1970
- Barnes Hospital, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Emory University, Fellowship in Infectious Diseases
- Staples CT, Rimland D, Dudas D. Hepatitis C in HIV Atlanta VA Cohort Study (HAVACS): The effect of co-infection on survival. Clin Infect Dis. 1999;29:150-154.
- Navin TR, Rimland D, Lennox JL, et al. Risk factors for community-acquired pneumonia among persons infected with human immunodeficiency virus. J Inf Dis. 2000;181:158-164.
- Rimland D, Navin TR, Lennox J, et al. Prospective study of etiologic agents of community-acquired pneumonia in patients with HIV infection. AIDS. 2002;16:83-95.
- Anderson KB, Guest JL, Rimland D. Hepatitis C coinfection increases mortality in HIV-infected patients in the highly active antiretroviral therapy era: data from the HIV Atlanta VA Cohort Study. Clin Infect Dis. 2004;39:1507-1513.
- Rimland D, Guest JL, Hernandez I, del Rio C, Le NA, Brown WV. Increased apoCIII to triglyceride ratios in HIV positive men on antiretroviral therapy. HIV Med. 2005;6:326-333.
- Rimland D, Guest JL. Response to hepatitis A vaccine in HIV patients in the HAART era. AIDS. 2005;19:1702-1704.
- Justice AC, Dombrowski E, Conigliaro J, et al. Veterans Aging Cohort Study (VACS): Overview and Description. Med Care. 2006;44: S13-S24.
- Rouphael NG, Talati NJ, Rimland D. Hepatitis B reverse seroconversion in HIV positive patients: case-series and review of the literature. JAIDS. 2007;:771-774.
- Osborn M, Guest J, Rimland D. Hepatitis B and HIV coinfection: relationship of different serologic patterns to survival and liver disease. HIV Med. 2007;8:271-279.
- Goulet J, Fultz S, Rimland D, et al. Do patterns of comorbidity vary by HIV status, age and HIV severity? Clin Infect Dis. 2007;45:1593-1601.