IAS–USA is seeking an experienced full-service Accountant to conduct and oversee specific accounting functions on-site, which includes managing grant receivables, payroll, financial statements, budgets, and audits. Proficiency with QuickBooks and Excel required. CPA degree and nonprofit experience a plus. This is a part time (24-30 hours a week), possibly full time and long-term.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and maintain an accrual accounting system in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and other governmental regulations
- Supervise A/P clerk/bookkeeper
- Prepare journal entries in QuickBooks (QB) and accurately record and document transactions to the general ledger, including A/R
- Reconcile, bank and investment statements
- Make bank deposits
- Maintain fixed asset and prepare depreciation schedule
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements on a timely basis
- Manage grants receivables and prepare quarterly grants summary
- Maintain reserve fund spreadsheet
- HR: Healthcare benefits calculations, Workers Comp, and 403(b) calculations
- Process bi-weekly payroll with ADP
- Commuter check management
- Prepare and oversee audits, year- end close, tax returns and grant reconciliations.
- Must have a 4-year degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a financial management position for small organization/company
- Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software, including QB classes, and accounting procedures
- Computer experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Extremely accurate, organized, and detail oriented-Ability to prioritize
Compensation commensurate with experience and consistent with standard non-profit salaries. Applicants MUST submit minimum requirement with resume. Relocation reimbursement is not available for this position.
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter, MAXIMUM OF 50 WORDS, resume, and at least 3 professional references via email, with "Sr Accountant" in the subject line.
Please include all information in the body of the e-mail; ATTACHMENTS WILL NOT BE OPENED AND APPLICATIONS WITH ATTACHMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. No calls please.