The Clinical Pathway Track of the 2016 National Ryan White Conference on HIV Care & Treatment
Tuesday, August 23, 2016 to Thursday, August 25, 2016
Who Should Attend
Restricted to 400 physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other key clinical decision makers in Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program-funded clinics and programs, who are confirmed registrants of the 2016 National Ryan White Conference on HIV Care & Treatment. A limited number of spots are reserved for RNs and PharmDs who are the primary clinical decision makers in their Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program-funded clinic or program.
Clinical Pathway Track Description
The Clinical Pathway track will provide advanced state-of-the-art updates on research, care, and treatment issues in the medical management of HIV infection.
The educational objectives for the Clinical Pathway track are designed and developed based on the identified needs and knowledge gaps of the attendees.
On completion of the Clinical Pathway track, participants will be able to:
- Describe the National AIDS Strategy and Federally Qualified Health Centers on Ryan White HIV/AIDS clinicians
- Describe HIV cure strategies currently under investigation
- Describe the most recent advances in antiretroviral therapy including initial regimens, switching therapy, and investigational new approaches
- Apply new research data to the prevention of HIV infection
- Formulate state-of-the-art strategies for managing hepatitis C virus, hepatitis B virus, and sexually transmitted infections in patients with HIV infection
- Describe the elements of the care continuum including testing, engagement, treatment, and retention in care and their challenges
- Formulate a clinical approach to the evaluation and treatment of HIV-infected individuals with mental illness, personality disorders, and substance and opiate dependency
- Describe the management issues for transgender persons with or at risk for HIV infection
Continuing Education Credits
The International Antiviral Society–USA (IAS–USA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The IAS–USA designates this live activity for a maximum of 14.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Educational Review Systems is an approved approver of continuing nursing education by the Alabama State Nursing Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Provider # 5-115. This program is approved for 14.25 hours of continuing nursing education.
Educational Review Systems is also approved for nursing continuing education by the state of California, the state of Florida and the District of Columbia.
Educational Review Systems is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program is approved for 14.25 hour (1.425 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credit. Proof of participation will be posted to your NABP CPE profile within 4 to 6 weeks to participants who have successfully completed the post-test. Participants must participate in the entire presentation and complete the course evaluation to receive continuing pharmacy education credit.
UAN # Day 1 0761-9999-16-202-L02-P, Day 2 0761-9999-16-203-L02-P, Day 3 0761-9999-16-204-L02-P
This conference is funded by Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number U1OHA28686 (AIDS Education and Training Center National Coordinating Resource Center) awarded François-Xavier Bagnoud Center from the Rutgers University School of Nursing with a sub award to International Antiviral Society-USA (IAS-USA) to sponsor this CME activity. There is no registration fee to attend. Attendees are responsible for their transportation expenses to and from Washington, DC, hotel stay costs, meal, and all other expenses. Please check with your project officer about expenses that are covered by your RWHAP award.