The 17th Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) Clinical Care Conference
San Antonio, TX
Monday, August 21, 2017 to Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Who Should Attend
Restricted to 400 physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other key clinical decision makers in Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program-funded clinics and programs. A limited number of spots are reserved for RNs and PharmDs who are the primary clinical decision makers in their Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program-funded clinic or program.
Attendance to this conference is limited, and all attendees must be approved. Please do not book hotel accommodations or make travel arrangements prior to receiving notification that your application to attend has been approved.
Clinical Care Conference Description
The Clinical Conference will provide advanced state-of-the-art updates on research, care, and treatment issues in the medical management of HIV infection.
The educational objectives for the Clinical Conference are designed and developed based on the identified needs and knowledge gaps of the attendees.
On completion of the Clinical Conference, participants will be able to:
- Describe the National AIDS Strategy and Federally Qualified Health Centers on Ryan White HIV/AIDS clinicians
- Describe HIV cure strategies currently under investigation
- Describe the most recent advances in antiretroviral therapy including initial regimens, switching therapy, and investigational new approaches
- Apply new research data to the prevention of HIV infection
- Formulate state-of-the-art strategies for managing hepatitis C virus, hepatitis B virus, and sexually transmitted infections in patients with HIV infection
- Describe the elements of the care continuum including testing, engagement, treatment, and retention in care and their challenges
- Formulate a clinical approach to the evaluation and treatment of HIV-infected individuals with mental illness, personality disorders, and substance and opiate dependency
- Describe the management issues for transgender persons with or at risk for HIV infection
Continuing Education Credits
The International Antiviral Society–USA (IAS–USA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The IAS–USA designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Academy of Family Physicians Credits
This Live activity, The 17th Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Clinical Care Conference, with a beginning date of 08/21/2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 15.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM MOC Points
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn 15.00 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
This activity is eligible for ANCC credit, see final CNE activity announcement for specific details.
This activity is eligible for ACPE credit, see final CPE activity announcement for specific details.
This conference is funded by Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number U1OHA28686 (AIDS Education and Training Center National Coordinating Resource Center) awarded François-Xavier Bagnoud Center from the Rutgers University School of Nursing with a sub award to International Antiviral Society-USA (IAS-USA) to sponsor this CME activity. There is no registration fee to attend. Attendees are responsible for their transportation expenses to and from San Antonio, Texas, hotel stay costs, meal, and all other expenses. Please check with your project officer about expenses that are covered by your RWHAP award.